Tuesday 26 June 2012

Attachment, keterikatan.

It has been such a long time since I last post something on my blog. Just finished my third year and  on my boring community attachment in a community pharmacy near to my house. For those who didnt know, community pharmacy is retail pharmacy or in other word the kedai farmasi tepi2 jalan tu. Got it?

Talking about my community attachment, I did learn a few thing from her (my pharmacist or supervisor) which i did not learn in my lectures.

First thing in the morning on my first day, she told me that she would have accept me if not because she will be migrating to Australia. She told me she just wanted to help me, many retail pharmacist are not willing to take intern because they have been doing many thing not according to the law as absurd as not locking the shelf for poison for example.

My pharmacist used to get warning for not locking her shelf. For those who didnt know, actually there is 2 types of medicines, the supplements (not really medicine) such as vitamins, minerals and the other one is poison (not really poison) such as drugs for your blood pressure, antidiabetic drug et cetera.

My pharmacist also told me that there is a difference between a coursemate and a friend.  I agree with her because me myself has been labelling people as 'kenalan' and 'kawan'. Not all my the persons that I know are my friend.

She also told me that in this world, not everything are working as it should. Many things are running as its required. It is hard for a retail pharmacy to survive by following the law given that there is no dispensing separation in Malaysia. She asked me. "A patient come to your pharmacy asking for antibiotic and the person do not have a prescription from doctor, if you dont sell, the person might scold you or might simply walk out politely and go to other pharmacy just a few metres ahead".

It is hard to survive to make a living just on OTC medicine like Panadol and Cough syrup which is also sold by other kedai runcit which dont have to take 4 years degree like you. OTC stands for over the counter which refer to medicine that can be sold without prescription from doctor.

I asked why she left hospital service, she said she opted out because of racism. "This is Malaysia, people say there is no racism, but it does actually exist.

I do not agree with her all the time but i did agree with her most of the time. She teach me about business more than about pharmacy. I still bored me but at least not as boring as Pharmacy is concerned.

Actually im not planning to talk further about my community attachment when I want to write this article but its turned up like this.



Endnote:
Bukan semua yang lulus periksa itu betul cara fikirnya. Sistem ini ada kecacatannya -Dr MAZA-




No comments:

Post a Comment